This lesson was to provide students with instruction in the basics of using Soundtrap (an audio editing platform) to record a podcast interview, and share helpful tips & tricks for navigating the interface. The skills were applied to a project in humanities where each 7th grader was asked to record an interview, and edit it into a short podcast.
Soundtrap Basics Lesson Flow:
- Join a Soundtrap class & Studio Assignment
- Add a track & troubleshoot sound/mic issues
- Searching the Loop Library, and inserting a sound
- Navigating the top toolbar
- Tips & Tricks: Fading a track in/out; Snap to Grid; Copy/pasting tracks; Splitting tracks; Adjusting volume & reverb
This lesson was done using live demos, but slides were shared with humanities teachers to post in any resource document/Google Classroom Topic the students were using for the project. This way students had access to all screenshots/recorded demos asynchronously. This lesson was implemented during the 2021-2022 school year.