Association of Library Services to Children (ALSC): Children + Technology Committee Member. 2020-Present.
The Berkeley Carroll School (Brooklyn, NY) – Middle School Technology Integrator. August 2019-Present.
At the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year, I stepped into a full-time position as the Middle School Technology Integrator at The Berkeley Carroll School. With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, my job became integral in facilitating, and managing remote school – both by supporting educators in learning new ways of teaching, and by helping students navigate a new way of learning online.
- 5th & 8th Grade Digital Essentials teacher: a class responsible for teaching digital literacy and technology skills
- School-wide curricular support regarding effective integration of technology into the classroom
- Daily tech support for students, and professional staff
- Facilitator of typing elective, pickling elective, and First Generation Affinity group
The Berkeley Carroll School (Brooklyn, NY) – Middle School Library Assistant. August 2018 – August 2019.
Please see my School Library Projects page for an up-to-date photo blog of book displays, programming ideas, and more library fun that I’ve facilitated at Berkeley Carroll. This page is directly embedded from my Manu the Librarian tumblr! More library projects can be found on my Academic & Professional Projects page.
- Supervision of students in the Middle School library (grades 5-8)
- Creation of library programming, and assistance with library electives (including the Mock Newbery 2019 elective)
- Curriculum development, and implementation of a Reading Engagement Bingo project (6th grade Humanities)
- Curriculum development, and implementation of a new gender and sexual identity unit (6th grade Science)
- Creation of two original LibGuides: A 6th Grade Reading Bingo Libguide, and a First-Generation Affinity Group LibGuide
- Management of numerous school LibGuides, including subject-specific guides, as well as guides to the library
- Research assistance with various departments and grades
- Ongoing management of patron records
Pratt Institute Library (Brooklyn, NY) – Technical Services & Collection Development Graduate Assistant. January 2018 – December 2019.
- Independently worked on a large collection management project of the print architecture collection, including de-duping, assessment, and physical processing of materials (project selected for presentation at 2020 AASL Conference)
- Primarily responsible for an extensive, library-wide weeding project, including deaccessioning titles from library’s LMS (Sierra) and OCLC, physically discarding a large volume of materials, and assessment of certain materials
- Basic technical service duties for library materials: including addition of tattle tape; printing and adhering new call numbers; changing item status
- Student thesis copy cataloging
Pratt Institute (New York, NY) – ‘Exploring Data Worlds at the Public Library’ Research Assistant. January 2018 – December 2019.
- Created a Children’s Librarianship LibGuide (published by Pratt Institute Libraries)
- Wrote a literature review on youth data literacy in public libraries, to be included in an upcoming publication
- Data management and organization for an IMLS-funded project on youth data literacy (supervised by Dr. Leanne Bowler, Pratt Institute)
- Open, and selective coding of memos for previously facilitated youth data literacy workshops
- Co-facilitated a workshop on using open data sets, and presented research findings at “Fun With Data: Planning After-School Data Activities For Teens” workshop (part of NYC Open Data Week)
Luna Dance Institute (Berkeley, CA) – Librarian. 2015-2016.
- Created a specialized cataloging system for a private library within a dance institute, in which materials included books, articles, and video resources
- Fixed flawed records containing bibliographic information for journal articles, and uploaded the corrected records to a searchable LibraryThing database
- Trained dance faculty on library procedures